Read the text and answer the questions 1-4.
[পূর্বে প্রকাশিত অংশের পর]
3. Answer the following quesions in sentence (s) 2×5=10
1. Where are Sima and Tamal?
2. Why do they go there?
3. Who is the new person there?
4. What is he reading?
5. Why does they meet the new person?
(1) Sima and Tamal are in the Town Hall Language Club
(2) They go there to practise speaking English
(3) Andy Smith is the new person there.
(4) He is reading a book about Bangladesh.
(5) They meet Andy Smith to Practise English.
4. Write a short Composition on ‘The necessity of learning English’ by answering the following question. 1 x 10=10
a) How do regard English?
b) What is the Place of English in the world?
c) Why is it necessary to learn?
d) How does English help you?
e) How can it possible to learn?
The Necessity of Learning English
English is the most living language in the world. It is the only language which is widely used and accepted as a medium of international communications. So, the necessity of learning English is must. Business communication is totally depends on English. Learning English offers opportunities to get jobs both at home and abroad. For higher education needs the knowledge of English. People or students do not only have to rely on text books to learn English. It is quite impossible to become a global individual without the knowledge of English. To learn English needs more and more practice.
Read the Text and answer the questions 1-4.
Saikat islam lives with his parents in a flat in Bogra. His father, Mr. Rashidul Islam is a banker. But in his free time Mr. Islam writes stories and listens to music. Saikat’s mother is Mrs Monwara Islam. She is a housewife. In her free time she enjoys sewing. She makes dresses. She often gets orders from her friends and neighbours.
Saikat is in Class 5. He is a good student. He wants to imporve his English, so he watches cartoons on TV every day. He also reads English books. He likes books about animals, especially tigers and lions.
1. Write the answer on the answer paper 1 x 10=10
1. Where does Saikat Islam live in?
(a) Dhaka (b) Rajshahi (c) Bogra (d) Feni
2. Who is Mr. Rashidul Islam?
(a) Saikat’s father (b) Saikat’s teacher (c) Saikat’s friend (b) Saikat brother
3. What is Saikat islam’s Mother?
(a) nurse (b) artist (c) actress (d) housewife
4. What does Saikat’s father love to listen?
(a) story (b) poetry (c) music (d) sermon
5. Who can make dresses?
(a) Mr. Islam (b) Saikat (c) Saikat’s sister (d) Monowara Islam
6. What class does Saikat read in?
(a) five (b) four (c) three (b) two
7. What is Bogra?
(a) a village (b) a city (c) a district town (d) a divisional town
8. What does Saikat Islam watch on TV?
(a) cartoons (b) drama (c) sports (b) movie
9. Where does a banker work?
(a) in a school (b) in a bank (c) in a hospital (d) in a field
10. Why does Saikat Islsam read English story books? Because·
(a) he wants to go abroad
(b) he wants to improve his English
(c) he wants to talk with foreigners
(d) he wants to be an Englishs teacher.
Answer: 1(c) 2(a) 3(d) 4(c) 5(d) 6(a) 7(c) 8(a) 9(b) 10(b)